Wednesday, July 29, 2020

July 29, 2020 - Staff Reviews

Title details for It's My Life by Stacie Ramey - Available

Title: It's My Life
By: Stacie Ramey
eBook Read Through WVReads
Young Adult Literature (YA)

Image Courtesy of WVReads 

If you are looking for a YA book that wraps up in a neat package, but in that package looks at an area that we might not be familiar with, this is your book.

The main character Jenna has cerebral palsy. It follows her as a teen navigating her teen years with a disability, new love, family dynamics, and self growth. I found it interesting for the fact that the main character was someone "atypical" and it was refreshing to read something from another point of view where I could not personally connect with, but I felt that I could understand where her frustrations, sadness, and even victories, came from. 

(as)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments respectful and geared towards the review, new arrival post only. The library does reserve the right to remove any negative posts that it deems inappropriate.