Thursday, July 15, 2021

July 15, 2021 - BCPL Resume Tips


Brooke County Libraries - Resume Tip #9

Add an Objective/Goal

Employers are actually interested in why you want to be employed by them. Go figure! It's a frequent interview question, which should be answered by "to make money of course". It's a big question when they compare you with other candidates.

An objective can be an excellent introduction to begin your resume. It can be brief and to-the-point. No need to make it personal, just a professional goal or next-step you are looking to achieve. 

Here are a few sample objectives that are easily tailored to your own resume or career path.


Seeking full time position where I can use my creativity and talents to enrich customer or client experiences.

Looking for part time hours to boost not only my income but fill my time with a new challenge.

Seeking employment with a loyal employer where I can become asset with my customer service experience.

To obtain a position with steady hours where I can utilitize my experience in the industrial field.

Looking for a full time job where I can both use my education and expand my knowledge base with hands on tasks and new perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments respectful and geared towards the review, new arrival post only. The library does reserve the right to remove any negative posts that it deems inappropriate.