Wednesday, August 19, 2020

August 19, 2020 - Staff Reviews

The Waterfire Saga
(I read all three in the series both in eBook form and Book form)
Authored by Jennifer Donnelly

I am a huge fan of series. I love being able to follow a storyline be it continuous, or bouncing from character to character which each book. 

What had be hooked was that someone donated this book for me to use in my own personal Little Free Library outside my home. The cover art was fantastic and it drew me in to read the page. I found out that it was book #2, and so I needed to acquire book #1 (pictured above, courtesy of WVReads). I had to read the one that I owned and was able to get 2 out of 3 from our eBooks found on WVReads. 

Long story short, if you love series, love a spin on things (mermaids exist, we are called groggs), love adventure, love, magic, loss, and betrayal, this might be the perfect book for you. It does wrap up "nicely" in that you do get resolution and know what sort of happens in the future of the characters. But to do so, is so much loss and growth that the characters had to face. There is a smattering of romance, but I would not think it is a direct "girly" book, but I thought it really was a great read!

(as)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments respectful and geared towards the review, new arrival post only. The library does reserve the right to remove any negative posts that it deems inappropriate.