Wednesday, August 5, 2020

August 5, 2020 - Staff Reviews

Title details for Little Women by Louisa May Alcott - Available
Title: Little Women
Author: Louisa May Alcott
e-Audiobook listened to through WVReads 

Believe it or not I never read this book before. Our library book club was reading this for their June discussion, and I thought, this is the time to do so.

I listened to it due to my commute, and am fairly new to audiobooks. It takes a second to get accustomed to it as I speak fast and need people to speak at a similar paste to keep my attention at times. But this narrator which was by Justine Eyre, did a decent job. The book does lag at times and I feel that was just the detail the author was putting in to it. I would never read it again like I would some books, but I am glad that I did, especially before watching the movie. The movie was good but was a bit out of order, though it does tell most of the story and it sometimes hard to follow. 

I completely understand why so many movies, artists, authors, etc. pull quotes from this book. There were so many good ones that I felt were just perfect. 

“I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.”

“I've got the key to my castle in the air, but whether I can unlock the door remains to be seen.”

“Love is a great beautifier.”

“Be comforted, dear soul! There is always light behind the clouds.


I could go on, but some of these really are a favorite of mine now. 


(as)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments respectful and geared towards the review, new arrival post only. The library does reserve the right to remove any negative posts that it deems inappropriate.