Saturday, October 31, 2020

October 31, 2020 - Staff Reviews


Penthouse Prince

By Kendall Ryan
Release Date: September 1, 2020
Ebook Available from WV Reads!


3.5 Stars - I read this quick romance in one sitting. I actually wished it hadn't gone by so fast. Ryan traded in her city settings for a small town and the change of scenery brought a breathe of fresh air. Also a pleasant surprise was that the prince was not a playboy but a sweet single dad reconnecting with an old flame.

For being a relatively short read, there was a lot jammed in here. Lexington brings Ryan's trademark humor and heart to his point of view. Our hero who's just an average guy trying to build a new life for himself and is devoted to his daughter and mother. Eventually he works Corrigan (if anything one of my complaints were the names) into that circle too. Corrigan's for her part is desperately trying to resist Lex because he's already broken her heart once. I found that I couldn't blame her. Also her brother stands as sort of a wedge between these two.

This was filled with lots of favorite plotlines like Lex is best friends with Dak (Yes, Dak) who is Cori's older brother. When things went down between them before Lex left for college, they had never told her brother what was up. And then Grier is Lex's totally adorable two-year-old. Every other scene with her in it was heart melting. Ryan's grown a lot in her writing I think since her earlier books. The characters are more grown up and feel just as realistic. And not all her heroes are just looking for a good time. But it was nice to read about a dad who has put off his social life to focus on his girl. And Ryan's also not afraid to try new stuff, some series have worked better for me than others. But this standalone was great, left me wishing the page count was just a little higher. I thought we could have gotten more out of this little family, probably as evidenced by the long-ish epilouge.

(NS)

1 comment:

  1. I thought my life had become meaningless and had nothing to offer anymore as I had HIV, the symptoms became very severe and bold which made my family and friends run away from me and abandoned me, so they won't get infected. I gave up everything, my hope, dreams, vision and job because doctors told me there's no cure. I consumed so many antiviral drugs, but they never cured me but hid the symptoms inside me, It was worse. I was desperate to find a solution to this horrible and deadly virus inside me. I made online research on herbal remedy for  HIV/Aids cure when I came across testimonies of some people on how DR JAMES uses his herbal mix medicine to Cured them of  MENINGITIS, DENGUE, SCHIZOPHRENIA, BIPOLAR DISORDER, ALZHEIMER'S DISEASES, UNDERACTIVE THYROID, HIV/AIDS. HERPES VIRUS. CANCER, ALS, STROKE, HEPATITIS B, DIABETES, FIBROID, MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS, CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASES, LUPUS, SKIN CANCER.OVARIAN CANCER,GET YOUR EX BACK. I never believed at first and thought it was a joke but later decided to contact him on the details provided and when I messaged him we talked, and he told me on how his herbs and root medicine works Which was all okay with me. He sent me his herbal mix medicine and told me the usage and I should go for a test after 3 weeks of drinking the herbal medicine Within 7 days of his medications the symptoms disappeared and when I went for a test Lo and behold I negative by the Doctor Who tested me earlier. Thank you DR James for saving my life and I'll keep telling the world about you. If you're out there going through pains, rejection and  facing any kind of health challenges Worry no more and contact DR James via.GREATCUREMAN@GMAIL.COM  / INFO@DRJAMESHERBALMIX@GMAIL.COM He's a good man, and he will surely help you.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep comments respectful and geared towards the review, new arrival post only. The library does reserve the right to remove any negative posts that it deems inappropriate.